A few interesting things that are just too random to put anywhere else:
1. They are encouraging Russians to have bigger families. Last year (2007) over 100,000 babies were born.
2. Sometimes you can't figure out prices at the grocery store so you just pick up an item and pray it won't cost too much. Well, I saw a package of chocolate muffins that looked SO delicious, so I picked them up. Well, I ended up paying 8 USD for four of them. YIKES! I didn't realize why my groceries were so expensive until I got home and looked each item up in the dictionary. Those silly chocolate muffins! Fortunately, they are DELICIOUS! I don't know if they're worth 2 bucks each, but it's a done deal now, so I've just accepted my mistake and moved on.
3. In my International Branch there are several attorneys and financial advisors in addition to people in the oil business. As one of the men said to me today, "Moscow is a hot place right now if you want to make money." I think we're amongst some high rollers here. Oh, and did I mention that we have a professional basketball player in our ward? He played in the NBA for a year but didn't like it, so he decided to move to Europe with his small family and play here. He played for BYU...his name is Travis Hansen (ring any bells?)
4. Also in my branch we have 10 former Bishops, a handful of former Stake Presidents, 3 general authorities, and the Moscow Mission President.
5. Fireworks are not illegal here, so we hear and see fireworks going off on almost a daily basis.
6. Birthdays are the most important Holiday for people. It's when they really celebrate and get lots of presents. (Kind of like Christmas in the US).
Well...is that enough random facts for you today? Just thought I'd mention them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment